Become a RACE Provider
Requirements for Full Provider Approval Status
Only RACE-approved providers may submit programs for review. In order to be considered for Full Provider approval by RACE, applicants must provide sufficient evidence of the organization’s ability to coordinate and conduct appropriate continuing veterinary medical education.
Applicants for Full Provider are required to:
a. Submit a completed RACE Provider Application to AAVSB with payment of the application fee and associated supporting materials, including:
- Evidence of having been in operation for at least six (6) months. This evidence may include items such as: a certificate of good standing from the secretary of state; letters of reference from clients or others who are knowledgeable about the organization; or certified tax documentation.
- Evidence that the organization has conducted at least three (3) CE activities in veterinary medicine. Such evidence may include past program brochures, advertisements or other related materials.
b. Agree to use required RACE language and Provider numbers only on materials pertaining to courses that have been submitted to and approved by RACE. Upon expiration or withdrawal of approved status as a RACE Provider, a provider may no longer display language indicating RACE approval on any materials including but not limited to websites, brochures, advertisements, certificates or agendas.
c. Identify one person to act as Program Administrator. The Program Administrator will be responsible for:
- All submissions to and contacts with RACE regarding programs;
- Ensuring that each program presented meets the RACE requirements and Standards; and
- Transition to any new administrator.
For more information on the requirements of RACE Providers, please see Article VI. RACE-Approved Provider in the RACE Standards document.
We recommend using Mozilla Firefox 3.6 (or higher) or Google Chrome 21 (or higher) for the best user experience.
Signed Provider Agreement Form (PDF)
Provider Application Fees
New Provider Application fee: $350
Provider Renewal fee: $250
An expired Provider status requires the Provider to complete the new Provider application again and incur the New Provider Application fee.