NAVLE through California
- Must be a graduate of an accredited veterinary school OR must graduate from an accredited veterinary school up to 8 months prior to
the close of the NAVLE testing window.
- If a graduate of an accredited school, AAVSB must receive a copy of your transcript.
- If a graduate of a non-accredited school, must have a certificate of completion of the ECFVG or PAVE program.
NOTE: Current ECFVG candidates may NOT apply for NAVLE eligibility through California. Applicants who
hold a certificate of completion from ECFVG are eligible.
Two-Step Exam Application Process
- Complete AAVSB Eligibility Application. For the November/December 2016
NAVLE, the deadline to submit your application & eligibility documentation is August 1, 2016.
ADA accommodations requests must be received by the application deadline. Requests must include complete and thorough supporting
documentation. Request Form and Guidelines for ADA Accommodations for
the NAVLE (PDF)
- Complete NBVME NAVLE Application. NBVME's
deadline is August 1, 2016.
Click here to apply for the CA State Board
examinations. For questions regarding the state board examinations, please contact the CA Veterinary Medical Board directly:
California Veterinary Medical Board
1747 N Market Blvd, Suite 230
Sacramento, CA 95834-2934
AAVSB Contact Info
VIVA Program Specialist
1.816.931.1504 ext. 231
For common questions, please visit our FAQ page.