Board Basics & Beyond is an interactive training session designed with the new board member or executive director in mind. Participants acquire knowledge and skills necessary to excel in their regulatory role. This seminar is ideal for individuals new to their position or those wishing to learn more about being a regulator. It is scheduled for April 20-21, 2018 in Kansas City, Missouri. Travel dates are April 19 and 22.
By attending Board Basics & Beyond, you'll walk away with a better understanding of the following:
- Terminology: The Importance of Language
- Practice Act Models
- Basic Board Operations
- Board Authority, Delegation, & Conflict of Interest
- Enforcement, Discipline & Sanctions
- Outreach & Social Media
- Protecting the Board & Staff through Immunity
- Is everyone a public member?
- What is the definition of a veterinarian?
- Does 'shall' mean 'may'?
- What constitutes a quorum?
- How/Who determines what education is necessary for licensure?
- What is a conflict of interest? Why is it important?
- Can the Board/Council delegate authority to another entity?
- What are the grounds for discipline?
- Does the Board/Council have immunity? Are there different kinds?
- Is there data that is reported to the Board/Council at every meeting?
Registration for the 2018 seminar is now closed. If you are interested in attending the next Board Basics and Beyond seminar, please contact Lainie Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Lainie Franklin
380 W. 22nd Street
Kansas City, MO 64108