The Program Associate (VAULT) provides administrative support to the Veterinary Application for Uniform Licensure Transfer (VAULT) programs and primarily responsible for the customer service, day-to-day receipt, review and processing applications for the VAULT Verified participants and various VAULT transfer requests, updating our comprehensive VIVA database records.
Work includes extensive contact with veterinarians and veterinary technicians in the VAULT Verified program and utilizing VAULT services, the veterinary regulatory boards who are AAVSB Member Boards, and other related agencies to ensure accurate and timely exchange of examination, licensure, and disciplinary information from the AAVSB's VIVA database. The qualified candidate should represent a professional image through all interactions with customers and stakeholders. This position reports to the Program Manager - VAULT.
• The VAULT team member will:
• Receive, review, and process the VAULT Verified applications and various VAULT transfer application requests.
• Maintain the VAULT Verified renewal subscriptions and assist with communications to participants and VAULT service vendors.
• Consistently gather and verify information for VAULT Premium Transfer packets to help regulatory boards determine eligibility for licensure.
• Receive and promptly answer incoming emails and telephone calls regarding the VAULT programs and services, VIVA database and, when required, other programs.
• Make online payments and/or request individual payments for license verifications and transcript requests.
• Team up with the Director of License Mobility and the Program Manager - VAULT to brainstorm about the VAULT services.
• Assist with reconciling the VAULT/RACEtrack professional account invoices and bulk billing payment requests to Member Boards for license verifications.
• Maintain a high standard of excellence in customer service to the AAVSB’s clients which include veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and Member Boards as well as other stakeholders.
• Perform general office duties such as copying, faxing, scanning, and sorting.
• Produce reliable, routine correspondence and assist with the creation or editing of bulk communications.
• Coordinate workflow with program staff.
• Collaborate with the AAVSB team and assist management in assigned project-based work.
• Provide input to the marketing & technology on suggested computer system and website enhancements.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent customer service, organizational, written and oral communications skills.
• Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite Applications and working with databases.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and collaboratively as part of the AAVSB team.
• Flexibility and adaptability for a position where the surrounding activities and environment can change frequently.
• Treat confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
• Independent judgement and initiative, dependability, and positive attitude.
Education and Experience:
Required: Associate degree and three years of relevant office and customer service experience.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree or a minimum of three years' relevant experience in an education setting or nonprofit association.
Job Type: Full Time, Nonexempt
Salary: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
The AAVSB is located in Kansas City. This position may be virtual, requiring reliable internet.
Please email a Cover Letter and Resume to HR@aavsb.org
Join the AAVSB Team where our culture is one of collaboration. We are committed to the mission and vision of the AAVSB in strengthening the veterinary regulatory community. We are intelligent and dedicated to our responsibilities. We work together as a team to include diversity, equity, and inclusion in our daily conversations and work considerations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The AAVSB provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military status, or genetic information (including family medical history). In addition to federal law requirements, the AAVSB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.