About the AAVSB
The American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB) is a not-for-profit membership organization comprised of 62 Member Boards dedicated to the proper and efficient regulation of veterinary medicine in the interest of public protection. We are committed to advancing the regulatory process for veterinary medicine and being the primary source for comprehensive information that strategically strengthens the veterinary regulatory community.
The AAVSB culture is one of collaboration. We are creative, and team members specialize in various areas, becoming experts in those areas. We are focused on outcomes instead of outputs. The common thread among us is the striving for excellence through participation and promotion of the Association. Obstacles are stepping stones, not stumbling blocks.
• Protection of the public
• Reliability & accuracy
• Ethics & integrity
• Service excellence
• Active inclusion, participation, & collaboration
• Stewardship of resources
About the Role
Our Marketing & Communications Specialist is responsible for executing marketing strategies that establish brand consistency and increase participation in the AAVSB's program and services.
Day-to-day activities include:
• Implementing strategic marketing plans for the entire organization as well as program and service brands.
• Collaborating with the marketing & communications team on strategy and tactics.
• Analyzing the effectiveness of marketing & communications efforts and making changes to improve performance.
• Introducing new approaches to increase efficiencies and achieve better outcomes. • Managing content schedules and writing copy.
• Producing media for marketing and promotional purposes, e.g., video production.
The qualified candidate should possess strong marketing and communications acumen, exceptional interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, good judgment, and be an extraordinary collaborator.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU WILL:
• Understand the mission, values, and strategic objectives of the AAVSB.
• Understand all programs and services offered by the AAVSB and desired outcomes.
• Understand current marketing and communications processes, procedures, and outputs.
• Establish relationships with other managers, product owners, and senior management.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
• Collaborate with the Strategic Marketing Manager to evaluate all marketing and communications processes and procedures, including suggestions for improvement.
• Take complete ownership of all marketing technology and tools used to execute marketing activities, including marketing automation components, social media, and chatbot.
• Establish relationships with key consultants for marketing and technology to execute marketing strategies appropriately.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
Implement improvements to marketing and communications processes and procedures.
Effectively manage all marketing and communications technology and tools.
Effectively collaborate with internal and external customers to reach desired outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will:
• Be committed to achieving optimal outcomes.
• Think creatively and innovatively.
• Possess strong marketing and communications acumen.
• Demonstrate proficiency in making data-guided decisions.
• Be a skilled storyteller.
• Excel in content marketing and copywriting with in-depth knowledge, research skills, and creativity.
• Have expertise in emerging and traditional marketing avenues.
• Demonstrate exceptional emotional intelligence.
• Be an exceptional team player.
• Be self-motivated to do your best and consistently perform at a high level.
• Be committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
• Have the skill to come up with exciting ideas and the will to develop them.
Work is performed under the direction of the Strategic Marketing Manager as part of the Marketing & Communications team.
The AAVSB is headquartered in Kansas City. This position may be virtual.
How to apply
Please email your resume and introduction letter to email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
The AAVSB provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military status, or genetic information (including family medical history). In addition to federal law requirements, the AAVSB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Required: Education in marketing, business administration, or a related field. One to three years of experience in marketing and communications.
Preferred: Association experience. Agency experience. CAE.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $47,000 - $51,000
NOTES: Telecommuting is allowed.